Wednesday, July 12, 2017
12:00 pm | Central Standard Time (Chicago) | 1 hr
Planning and Implementation of the Iowa Community Conversation on Disability and Aging Advocacy
On August 10, 2016, Iowa disability and aging advocates hosted community conversations to learn what is working, what’s not working, and what’s needed to help advocates get involved. The conversations were held at the same time in five communities across Iowa and on the Web for those who could not travel to join one of the groups. In this webinar, conversation organizers will describe the planning process, do a “walk-through” of the agenda which was used at all locations, explain how participant input was gathered and shared, and present next steps and lessons learned.
- Greg Fier, Disability Rights Advocate, Clinton
- Mike Hoenig, Program Coordinator, Center for Disabilities and Development, Iowa University Center for Excellence in Developmental Disabilities (UCEDD), Iowa City
- Jeremy Beavers, Self-Advocate and President, People First of North Iowa, Mason City
- Gary McDermott, Disability Rights Advocate, Vietnam Veteran, Clinton
- Leah Donald, Director, Access 2 Independence (Center for Independent Living), Iowa City
- Dawn Carstensen, Director, Lifelong Links, Milestones Area Agency on Aging, Davenport
- Dawn Francis, Director, Iowa Statewide Independent Living Council (SILC), Des Moines
- Don Dew, Director, Disabilities Resource Center of Siouxland (Center for Independent Living), Sioux City
Accommodations: This webinar will be LIVE CAPTIONED for those who are deaf and/or hearing impaired. If you have a need for additional accommodations to participate in this webinar, please contact: Laura Jackson at firstname.lastname@example.org or (816) 235-5626 no later than July 5th.
How to participate in the webinar:
Two options to access the webinar – 12-1 pm (Central Time)
1. By computer – see presentation slides and hear presenters at the same time:
(logon after 11:45 am by clicking HERE)
2. Or listen by phone:
+1-855-282-6330 US TOLL FREE
Meeting number and access code: 925 160 182 #
Is the link above not working for some reason? Contact support here
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please note that this WebEx service allows audio and other information sent during the session to be recorded, which may be discoverable in a legal matter. By joining this session, you automatically consent to such recordings. If you do not consent to being recorded, discuss your concerns with the host or do not join the session.
Questions? Contact Laura Jackson, 816.235.5626